Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Amara Arkanis basic forms: 8-directions, Abakada & Abecedario

Below is a link to a video of Mataw Guro Lou Lledo and his students demonstrating the basic lessons of the Filipino martial system of Amara Arkanis. Mataw Guro Lledo is one of the most knowledgeable instructors I have ever met, versed in not only various FMA systems but Goju ryu karate, kyokushinkai and kung fu, as well as having served as a police & military defensive tactics instructor. Thanks to his student Christian Herrera for producing and sharing this excellent introduction to Mataw Guro's art.

FMA Basic Lessons: 8-Directions, Abakada & Abecedario

PS: video is unlisted so could not make Blogger insert the video; just click on the link above and enjoy!!!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Joe,
    I found you by accident while searching "Amara Arkanis". I'm a fellow class member... short hair cut, mustache, pasty complexion... Hope you and your family are well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joe, sorry for the late reply, kids' communion and birthday party all in one weekend :-) While I am not currently training with the group I hope that in time I will be able to return to training. Mataw Guro Lledo is a treasure of knowledge, the real deal and I learned a lot in the short time I trained with him. Be well, and train hard! Jo Roman

      Delete